DD2U Automatic Gate Opener Kit for Dual Decorative or Tube Gates
GHOST CONTROLS® DD2U automatic gate opener systems are the perfect solution for any decorative gate used to access your home. These innovative gate opener systems were designed to be the superior solution for home and property owners wishing to automate their decorative or ornamental style gates while being the easiest system to install. REQUIRES 12-VOLT BATTERY, not included in kit.
All of these DD2U systems:
- First arm includes 6 foot power/control cable. Second arm includes 30 foot power/control cable.
- Include two AXP1 5-Button Premium Remote Transmitters
- Include two estate mounting hardware optimized for decorative gate installations
- Include four AXTB Tube Gate Brackets optimized for tube gate installations
- Require a 12-Volt automotive style battery or can use optional (not included) ABBT2 Battery Box Kit with two 12-Volt 7.0 Amp Hour batteries and 4 foot power harness included
- Feature easy access to (and lockable) system control box. Click here to see a video of the control box.
- Offer the ability to recharge the battery from an AC power source within 1000 feet of the control box to plug with the included resettable transformer or from optional AXDP Solar Panel, if AC power is unavailable
- Feature capacities and specifications specifically tailored to easily open and close almost all ornamental or decorative style gates up to 20 ft. long. Click here for maximum specs.
- Includes integrated receiver and external antenna
- System certified to 7th Edition UL325 Standard (in effect August 1, 2018)
DS1U & DD2U FAQs
Yes a 12V battery is required at all times. All Ghost Controls Automatic Gate Opener Systems are battery powered. This design is inherently safer and allows the systems to be installed in almost any location in the world.
The 12V battery can be recharged with either a Ghost Controls UL Listed AC Transformer that is plugged into a 120VAC outlet OR by one or more solar panels. Ghost Controls offers a 10W Solar Panel kit with the panel, mounting pole, mount brackets, and hardware to mount the panel to a fence or post and adjust to maximize your solar charging potential. You can use up to three 10W panels or 30W in total of solar power.
Our most phone call received is customers dealing with a low battery in their system. This low battery can be caused by a number of things including:
- A tripped GFCI circuit breaker at the home on the circuit that the AC Transformer is plugged into.
- Not enough solar power charging time for your discharge rate.
- Not enough solar power charging capability (not enough solar panels) for your given installation.
For solar installations, please refer to our help guide for solar recommendations by clicking here.
Yes our support website can be reached at the following URL: https://myghostcontrols.force.com/Support/s/
Our Technical Support Team can be reached at:
850-898-1411 Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) from 8am-5pm Eastern Time
You can also send us an email after hours to: email@example.com. We will respond to all voicemails and emails as quickly as we can when we return to the office.
No. Only Ghost Controls remote transmitters and keypads will be able to control a Ghost Controls Automatic Gate Opener System. We use a proprietary algorithm that we call GhostCode to control our system on 433.92MHz. We designed our systems this way to maximize the long range operation of your radio frequency (RF) devices so that you can open/close your gate from further away.
If you instead want to add the convenience and versatility of Ghost Controls to your existing system, we encourage you to look at our AXUR Universal Receiver Kit that would allow you to use a Ghost Controls remote and keypad with another manufacturer's access control system.
NO. We do not recommend the use of any post-mount gate opener system, Ghost Controls or other manufacturers, on solid panel gates (also known as privacy gates). These gates can get caught by the wind, act like a sail, and exert an exceptionally large force onto the entire system which will damage the system and void the warranty of your opener.
No. Your gate must not use a wheel and must swing freely and level throughout the entire range of motion of the gate. If you cannot easily swing your gate by pushing/pulling on the gate from approximately 3 feet away from the hinge side of the gate, you must first fix this problem before installing an automatic gate opener system.