If you are interested in connecting one of these devices to your Ghost Controls system, here are some things you should consider prior to purchase:
- All gate openers should be operated only when the gate opener system is clearly visible in your line of sight to avoid injuries to humans, livestock, pets, or damage to property such as cars or trucks in the path of the moving gate.
- Most gate openers are installed beyond the range of your home WiFi system so most if not all “SMART controls” systems require you to solve this issue of getting a reliable signal to your smart system.
- Wired ‘dry-contact’ (no power) connections are the only acceptable inputs to Ghost Controls opener system.
- The Ghost Controls System DOES NOT provide a power output for a third-party device. This means that you must account for and solve your power requirements for any devices connected to your gate opener system using a different source of power than your gate opener battery and recharging system (solar or transformer).
- Establishing a reliable power source for solar gate opener installations can be particularly difficult and often expensive because these “always on” SMART devices often consume a large amount of power at all times, even when the sun is down. To account for this, large amounts of solar power and a large power storage device (battery system) that works for several days in the event of a storm must be planned into the total cost of your smart system.
- The Ghost Controls Technical Support Team will NOT provide technical support for third-party devices. We will only provide guidance on which terminals on the Ghost Controls system control board that you should connect your device to.