Heavy Duty Gate Opener Systems
The GHOST CONTROLS Heavy Duty Gate Opener Systems are optimized to be the preeminent do-it-yourself gate opener solution to install on any commercially available tubular or agricultural style gate. Many of our customers utilize these systems in areas where AC power is not easily accessible. These systems have been designed from the beginning for solar power as the primary recharging source for the batteries. Extremely low standby power combined with external automotive style battery enables these units to be reliable solutions in installations that may not be frequently or easily accessible.
TSS1 Single Kit and TDS2 Dual Kits Feature
- Mounting hardware optimized for almost any tubular gate opener system installation
- Large external automotive battery (not included) or optional ABBT Battery Box allows optimal performance in Solar Powered Installations
- System control box that is easily accessible without any tools required, but can be easily locked if desired. Click here to see a video of the control box.
- An included AC to DC transformer for recharging the batteries when line AC power is available within 1000 feet of the installation (low voltage wire sold separately)
- Compatibility with any of the genuine GHOST CONTROLS accessories available to custom tailor your installation needs
These opener systems are also capable of opening many lighter weight decorative gates.
Click here to see our installation overview video filled with tips and tricks to getting your system up and running quickly.
TSS1 & TDS2 FAQs
Yes a 12V battery is required at all times. All Ghost Controls Automatic Gate Opener Systems are battery powered. This design is inherently safer and allows the systems to be installed in almost any location in the world.
The 12V battery can be recharged with either a Ghost Controls UL Listed AC Transformer that is plugged into a 120VAC outlet OR by one or more solar panels. Ghost Controls offers a 10W Solar Panel kit with the panel, mounting pole, mount brackets, and hardware to mount the panel to a fence or post and adjust to maximize your solar charging potential. You can use up to three 10W panels or 30W in total of solar power.
Our most phone call received is customers dealing with a low battery in their system. This low battery can be caused by a number of things including:
- A tripped GFCI circuit breaker at the home on the circuit that the AC Transformer is plugged into.
- Not enough solar power charging time for your discharge rate.
- Not enough solar power charging capability (not enough solar panels) for your given installation.
For solar installations, please refer to our help guide for solar recommendations by clicking here.
Yes our support website can be reached at the following URL: https://myghostcontrols.force.com/Support/s/
Our Technical Support Team can be reached at:
850-898-1411 Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) from 8am-5pm Eastern Time
You can also send us an email after hours to: email@example.com. We will respond to all voicemails and emails as quickly as we can when we return to the office.
No. Only Ghost Controls remote transmitters and keypads will be able to control a Ghost Controls Automatic Gate Opener System. We use a proprietary algorithm that we call GhostCode to control our system on 433.92MHz. We designed our systems this way to maximize the long range operation of your radio frequency (RF) devices so that you can open/close your gate from further away.
If you instead want to add the convenience and versatility of Ghost Controls to your existing system, we encourage you to look at our AXUR Universal Receiver Kit that would allow you to use a Ghost Controls remote and keypad with another manufacturer's access control system.
NO. We do not recommend the use of any post-mount gate opener system, Ghost Controls or other manufacturers, on solid panel gates (also known as privacy gates). These gates can get caught by the wind, act like a sail, and exert an exceptionally large force onto the entire system which will damage the system and void the warranty of your opener.
No. Your gate must not use a wheel and must swing freely and level throughout the entire range of motion of the gate. If you cannot easily swing your gate by pushing/pulling on the gate from approximately 3 feet away from the hinge side of the gate, you must first fix this problem before installing an automatic gate opener system.