Maintain your gate with these maintenance guidelines:
Adjust the gate hinges to make sure the electric driveway gate swings level, plumb and freely throughout the full opening and closing range of motion. Level is horizontal and plumb vertical. Plumb refers to something being straight up and down.
The gate post(s) needs to be plumb and hinges need to be aligned vertically. When a gate/post is not plumb it may surge/hesitate in a particular direction of its travel and possibly not function.
Clean your gate with a mild cleaner, a rag, a soft brush, and a water hose to remove dirt and dust.
Do any rust removal and touch up painting, that you might deem necessary.
Lubricate the Operator Arm
Check the System Batteries
As a battery ages its ability to work becomes reduced. A good rule of thumb would be to inspect the battery(s) each fall.
- Clean any corrosion from the battery terminals and connectors. A wire brush the size of a toothbrush is a handy tool for this job. Brush it lightly until any corrosion is removed. Most automotive part stores also have some type of anti-corrosion product that can be added to your system for additional protection.
- Check all battery and battery harness connections to ensure none of the connections are loose.
- The batteries can be loaded and tested as well:
- Disconnect the charging source. (solar panel or transformer connections)
- Measure battery voltage. If you have two batteries, check them individually.
- If the voltage(s) is above 12 Vdc, proceed with the load test. If the voltage(s) is below 12 Vdc, charge the batteries at no greater than 2 amps externally before proceeding.
- The load test will only be conducted on one battery at a time. Measure the voltage prior to operation. Activate the unit while continuing to monitor the voltage. The voltage should drop less than .5 volt during the cycle.
- Repeat for 4 more half cycles (open or close) pausing for approximately 10 seconds in between activations. The voltage should drop less than .5 volt during these movements.
- If the voltage drops are greater than .5 a volt the battery/batteries should be replaced.
Replace Batteries In Wireless Accessories
Maintenance for Solar Installations
- Use glass cleaner: Clean the glass on your solar panel to remove any algae, mold, mildew, or dirt that may have accumulated throughout the year. Keeping your solar panel glass clean helps to maximize the potential charging ability of the panel which is more important during the winter months as the number of hours of unobstructed sunlight hitting the panel decreases. Move/relocate panel if needed.
- Using the screwdriver provided with your kit, tighten any of the wiring terminal connections that are loose.
- – motor noise is accurately correlated to quality in the mechanical and electronic design. All our openers have a maintenance free gear box and motor. They were designed for smooth, quiet operation regardless of the age and cycles of the battery powered gate opener.
- – Our mechanical design and new radio frequency offer superior range offering a greater level of convenience for customers.
- – The motor is one of the most critical components to ensure reliability and longevity. We back our proprietary gear motors with a limited lifetime warranty. No other product in the market can make this claim.