Gate Opens at Random - Vehicle Sensor Issue
My gate seems to open at random or sometimes opens and will not close and I have an exit sensor connected to my unit.
- The gate opens seemingly, at random, or opens fully without being activated with your remote or keypad. Y
- The gate will not close or sometimes opens and remains open.
- The gate may not autoclose.
- The gate will not close with the remote control.
- The gate starts to close and fully reopens.
These are potential symptoms of a Vehicle Sensor that needs to be re-calibrated.
Simply follow the below steps:
Wired vehicle Sensor
- Re-calibrate the exit vehicle sensor, disconnect the white wire that goes to “open” at the “hard wired Inputs” terminal. If the unit starts working with the remote transmitter we will need to recalibrate the exit vehicle sensor.
- First you will need to turn the system off. Remove the red wire from the sensor that is connected to the LOCK + terminal block. Leave the red wire disconnected for approximately 10 minutes.
- Reconnect the red wire to the LOCK + terminal and leave the sensor undisturbed 10 minutes.
- Reconnect the white wire from the exit vehicle sensor back to the “open” terminal (Note: The sensor must be buried a minimum of 12 inches below the surface.
- Turn the system on.
- Retest to assure the sensor is working properly. If the problem continues, try to relocate the sensor if possible. If the problem persists the exit sensor might have a defect.
Wireless vehicle sensor
- Turn the system off
- Remove one of the “C” for 2 to 5 minutes and then replace the battery. After the battery has been replaced, do not move any metallic objects around the sensor for the next 2 to 5 minutes.
- Turn the system on and test the exit sensor.