This GHOST CONTROLS Automatic Gate Opener Kit for dual gates is the ultimate solution for do-it-yourself installation on decorative entry or tubular gates gates. The kit comes complete with all of the parts you need to install this kit onto a wood fence post.
- UL325 7th Edition System Certified (in effect August 1, 2018)
- Requires?separate battery (not included) or can use the ABBT Battery box kit (ABBT) with one internal 12V 7.0 Amp Hr sealed battery and battery harness (not included)
- Includes two 5-button Premium Remote Controls (AXP1)
- RF Receiver is integrated into system control board
- Maximum gate capacity of 1000 pounds or 20 feet per leaf of gate. Please see image for maximum gate weight for each gate length.
- Requires low voltage wire for AC transformer(included) or solar panel(optional) installation
- Estate attachment brackets?are optimized to aid in installation on decorative gates
- Tubular brackets are optimized to aid in installation on tubular gates
- Includes a Limited Lifetime Motor/Gearbox warranty, 18 month Arm & Control Board warranty (can be extended to 24 months with registration)
- Includes one positive stop plate
- Push-To-Open applications require optional?AXPO2 Push-To-Open Bracket Kit?or TWO?AXPO Push-To-Open Bracket Kits
DS1U & DD2U FAQs
Yes a 12V battery is required at all times. All Ghost Controls Automatic Gate Opener Systems are battery powered. This design is inherently safer and allows the systems to be installed in almost any location in the world.
The 12V battery can be recharged with either a Ghost Controls UL Listed AC Transformer that is plugged into a 120VAC outlet OR by one or more solar panels. Ghost Controls offers a 10W Solar Panel kit with the panel, mounting pole, mount brackets, and hardware to mount the panel to a fence or post and adjust to maximize your solar charging potential. You can use up to three 10W panels or 30W in total of solar power.
Our most phone call received is customers dealing with a low battery in their system. This low battery can be caused by a number of things including:
- A tripped GFCI circuit breaker at the home on the circuit that the AC Transformer is plugged into.
- Not enough solar power charging time for your discharge rate.
- Not enough solar power charging capability (not enough solar panels) for your given installation.
For solar installations, please refer to our help guide for solar recommendations by clicking here.
Yes our support website can be reached at the following URL: https://myghostcontrols.force.com/Support/s/
Our Technical Support Team can be reached at:
850-898-1411 Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) from 8am-5pm Eastern Time
You can also send us an email after hours to: email@example.com. We will respond to all voicemails and emails as quickly as we can when we return to the office.
No. Only Ghost Controls remote transmitters and keypads will be able to control a Ghost Controls Automatic Gate Opener System. We use a proprietary algorithm that we call GhostCode to control our system on 433.92MHz. We designed our systems this way to maximize the long range operation of your radio frequency (RF) devices so that you can open/close your gate from further away.
If you instead want to add the convenience and versatility of Ghost Controls to your existing system, we encourage you to look at our AXUR Universal Receiver Kit that would allow you to use a Ghost Controls remote and keypad with another manufacturer's access control system.
NO. We do not recommend the use of any post-mount gate opener system, Ghost Controls or other manufacturers, on solid panel gates (also known as privacy gates). These gates can get caught by the wind, act like a sail, and exert an exceptionally large force onto the entire system which will damage the system and void the warranty of your opener.
No. Your gate must not use a wheel and must swing freely and level throughout the entire range of motion of the gate. If you cannot easily swing your gate by pushing/pulling on the gate from approximately 3 feet away from the hinge side of the gate, you must first fix this problem before installing an automatic gate opener system.